A meeting took place today between the employee representatives and the TUIfly management, Henrik Homann (supervisory board chairman), Jochen Büntgen and Roland Keppler (management) on the future of TUIfly. Dr Elke Eller, TUI AG’s HR/Labour Director, also attended the meeting.
Elke Eller, HR/Labour Director at TUI AG: "At today’s meeting we discussed the postponement of the decision on the future of TUIfly until mid-November with the employee representatives. TUI AG’s supervisory board will therefore not, as originally planned, make that decision on 26 October 2016. We hope this will contribute to defusing the situation. Our objective in our negotiations with Etihad is to create a strong airline platform that serves the interests of the employees and TUI. The TUI management is aware of its responsibilities towards TUIfly employees and we take their concerns and fears seriously. At this time we can make the following assurances:
- TUIfly will continue to be a German company headquartered in Hanover for at least three more years;
- TUIfly employee’s contracts of employment will remain in force;
- ver.di and VC will still be TUIfly’s labour relations partners;
- The works council members and employee representatives will remain in office;
- Company agreements and collective wage agreements will remain in force;
- There will be no wage cuts.
Further meetings have been scheduled with the employee representatives as of Monday next week. At these meetings we will be discussing all the unresolved issues with the employee representatives, exploring alternatives and working towards mutually acceptable solutions.“